Naviance Connection: Why do you need it?
If you’re one of the many applying for college admissions, you might have been asked to register for a Naviance connection and fill out a graduation survey available there.
The first question that shoots through your mind is – “What is Naviance?” and if you’ve been asked to register yourself there “For what reason?” You can find answers to some of your queries right here in this short section.
About Naviance Connection
Naviance Connection is an online software program designed to function as a search and planning tool for college students. It was co-founded by Shaun Fanning and Stephen M. Smith in 2002 in Washington D.C. The offices are located at Arlington, Virginia.
Hobsons, the subsidiary of Daily Mail and General Trust (DMGT) acquired Naviance in 2007. Naviance is one of the solutions offered by Hobsons. Additionally, they provide various integrated marketing and technology solutions beneficial to educational professionals. In 2010, Naviance acquired MyFit. This is a college recommendation engine that helps students find the best colleges in terms of your academic and social capabilities.
How does Naviance Connection help?
Naviance is a comprehensive software package that benefits not only parents and their wards but also counselors handling the admission process and career counseling.
- Naviance helps students with college search. It assists students to find colleges suited to their career interests. It also allows them to track previous admission records.
- Through a self analysis, it enables students to determine the areas they are most interested in. The career assessment tools help them select apt career goals and also pave the path to achieve set goals. The course planner lets you decide personalized goals.
- Naviance connection simplifies the process of looking for scholarships. It provides a list of general scholarships and those the students are eligible for.
- The Naviance Marketplace solutions provide access to resource material to prepare you academically to assess you current skills and prepare you for future challenges.
- Naviance connection brings individuals experienced in the real world to counsel and speak to students. Colleges visit schools often. You can check the schedules and enroll for such sessions. Not only this, you can enroll for summer and enrichment programs.
- Naviance Connection allows parents to be better involved in the admission process of their wards.
- For counselors, Naviance enables them to have a better control over the entire administration process. It saves time and is costs.
Registering for a Naviance Connection
It is easy to create your account with Naviance. Follow these steps:
- Visit your high school website.
- Locate the Naviance Connection link and click on it.
- The Naviance log in homepage will be displayed in front of you.
- Type in your registration code. If you do not have a registration code, you can obtain it from your high school counselor. Click register.
- On the next page, type in your email address, password, select the box alongside the statement “I accept” and hit the “Complete registration” button. You will be directed to your account home page.